I have problem with avoiding unneeded updates of tray icon. I mainly mean situation when user wants to have seconds displayed. It's obvious that I use Plasma::DataEngine and connectSource(...) with updateInterval 1 sec. The problem is inside Clock::dataUpdated(...). Every time this method is called I recreate Plasma::ToolTipData: Plasma::ToolTipData tipData; tipData.mainText = currentDate; setToolTip(tipData); I wish to avoid recreating tooltip and calling setToolTip when tooltip is not visible. Problem is that I am not sure how should I check tooltip status. My basic idea is to create internal boolean variable like isToolTipDisplayed. I wonder how to change it's status. My ideas: 1) I can intercept event(..) and detect QEvent::ToolTip (isToolTipDisplayed=true) and QEvent::HoverLeave (isToolTipDisplayed=false). 2) I can use already prepared updateToolTip() (isToolTipDisplayed=true) which allows me not filtering events in event(). But I can't get know that tooltip disappeared so I don't know when to change isToolTipDisplayed to false. Is the first solution good enought to use for such a important part of KDE as digital clock (nearly everyone use it!)? Should we implement sth similar to updateToolTip(), let's say: toolTipRemoved()? Or maybe someone has better idea? -- Rafał Miłecki _______________________________________________ Panel-devel mailing list Panel-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/panel-devel