--===============0690387623== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="Boundary-00=_mJv4HeI99XRZhzq" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline --Boundary-00=_mJv4HeI99XRZhzq Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-6" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit On Thursday 20 March 2008 19:52:08 Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > i've add this clarification to the apidox for > DataEngine::connectAllSources. Nice! Thank you. > i'm not sure we want or need this method to connect all sources that ever > get created, though. connectAllSources is really just a convenience method > to avoid having to loop over all sources and calling connectSource on each. I agree. But still this should be clarified in docs, so people like me would understand that right away :) > > NotifierApplet::sourceAdded: source "notification 1" added > > NotifierApplet::dataUpdated: source "notification 1" changed > > NotifierApplet::sourceRemoved: source "notification 1" removed > > NotificationsEngine::notify: data was set > > NotifierApplet::dataUpdated: source "notification 1" changed > > impossible to say without seeing all of your code. there are 3 ways that > sourceRemoved can be triggered: > > * the number of sources limit was exceeded (if you aren't calling > setSourceLimit in your code, that isn't it) not the case > * removeSource or clearSources is being called in your engine no way :) > * the applet is disconnecting from the source at some point and the source > was created on demand (in sourceRequested) dropping the usage count to 0. no, the only place i do something with the source in the engine is the 'setData' call which I shown in the previous mail. The code is very simple - in applet there are three slots reacting on dataUpdated, sourceAdded, sourceRemoved. They just print kdebug, and the sourceAdded connects source. Engine is created in applet's init() method by calling dataEngine("name"); Engine does setData in one of its methods which i trigger from outside using dbus call. That's the scheme. Really simple. I can commit it to playground (aseigo: that's notifications-related work i started) - I am just not sure if applets/engines at such an early state of development are allowed to be in playground/base/plasma :) Cheers, Dmitry. --Boundary-00=_mJv4HeI99XRZhzq Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-6" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Boundary-00=_mJv4HeI99XRZhzq-- --===============0690387623== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ Panel-devel mailing list Panel-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/panel-devel --===============0690387623==--