List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma Themes Contest writeup
From:       "Riccardo Iaconelli" <riccardo () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-03-20 9:53:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo@kde.org>
wrote:

> 2008/3/19 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org>:
>
> > On Wednesday 19 March 2008, Jamboarder wrote:
> > > I assume the announcement would still be made on the dot.
> >
> > yes, please submit it to theDot. just click on the "Contribute" link on
> > the
> > left side.
> >
> > i'll blog about it when it shows up.
> >
> > as for the judging committe, how about:
> >
> > * Jamboarder
> > * Ivan
> > * Ruphy
> > * Pinheiro
> >
> > (the last two would need to be asked first, of course =)
> >

> Aye, I'll do it.
> If I'm not too late already, I still have set up the infrastructure I made
> for the
> Oxygen contest of this summer. Do we want to re-use that? It worked pretty
> well at the time...

Oh, and I forgot, doing themes for plasma right now it's a bit a pain in the
ass (even with the tutorial),
especially testing it.
I'm making a small test application for the participants, also basing on
marco's code, which will
help participants in testing their art. I should have this finished today,
maybe we should add a link
on how to get it...
Ah, please add that if they have problems with doing the theme, we're around
to help on #plasma.
I've already stumbled on many weirdness from QSvgRenderer, and someone might
not be aware of these probs.

Maybe tell that if they want some further control on the plasmoid
appearance, to show up and tell, and
we'll see what to do. Yeah, artists don't have too much freedom in doing
that...

-Riccardo
--
GPG key: