List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Animates tabswitching
From:       "Hans Chen" <hanswchen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-11 21:18:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> That's how it would behave like:
> http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~momesana/out.ogv<http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/%7Emomesana/out.ogv>
>  With the previous look of course ;-). I would like to get some feedback
> about this. If you like it to have that circular movement I can go on and
> implement it (it's actually mostly implemented as you can see). But the code
> is more complicated now (with ~90 more lines) and I haven't even properly
> implemented the paintEvent.

No offense, but I don't like it. It's hard to explain why, I'm not really
sure myself.

After thinking about it, I think I've found a reason. It's quite simple: my
previous computer experience tell me that "tabs don't behave this way".
Well, they don't do it in real life either, of course. They should only
"move" along the z axis.

Yes. I see the buttons on Kickoff as tabs, and tabs just shouldn't slide
this way. Or so says my brain, I think. Maybe it's just me.