List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: making kickoff have full-width selection rects (on hover)
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-02-28 8:51:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 15:26:35 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> Also, does no one else care, have an option, have a preference, or think
> this is an issue?  So far this has been a discussion between three people,
> a developer, and artist, and a designer (that sounds like the beginning of
> a bad bar joke).

If I understand this long discussion well, a patch like this has been
committed, at least in my yesterday's build, the selections in kickoff are
full-width.

I do like it this way, although the icon looks a bit crammed into it now. The
items *feel* easier to hit for me, earlier I could selected an icon by
hovering over whitespace next to it, so the selection feels disconnected from
the position of the mouse.

In the Applications tab, the arrows now have a clear connection to their
respective items, which I think is good. One thing I would like to see is the
arrows being centred horizontally, but that's a minor issue.
--
sebas

["kickoff-selections.jpg" (image/jpeg)]