List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [Panel-devel] KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/kickoff/core
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-24 15:58:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 24 November 2007, Jeremy Paul Whiting wrote:
> +    // save after each add in case we crash
> +    // save after each remove in case of crash or other mishaps

ugh. there are a few applets that do "sync immediately" and that's really not
what we want. the real solution is to implement saveState() in your applet
and for plasma to call saveState() periodically as necessary. the "as
necessary" is the part that's missing: plasma currently doesn't know when it
needs to do this.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se