List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [Panel-devel] Plasma and the window manager (Re:
From:       Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-11-20 14:03:17

On Tuesday 20 November 2007 22:16:54 Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  As far as I understood the systray widget cannot be handled normally like
> others for whatever internal reasons, so if you need to keep it separately,
> at least keep it in the toplevel Plasma window. That is, set the Plasma
> toplevel widget as its parent, keep it as the topmost child and keep the
> position relative to it.

For what it's worth, this is probably the only way to get rid of the black
borders too. I had a little go at trying to do setMask on SystemTrayWidget,
but renderWidget can't be used (successfully) with QX11Container so I
couldn't automatically calculate the appropriate masking. If it's a child of
the top-level plasma window, setting the palette's background to transparent
should make all those troubles go away too.

--
Jason Stubbs