List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    [Panel-devel] svg rendering
From:       Sean Harmer <sh () theharmers ! co ! uk>
Date:       2007-10-28 10:45:47

Just for info, I'm trying a little experiment to try and make Plasma::Svg use
a multithreaded rendering backend. No idea if it will work yet or not.

If it does work it should allow Plasma to be more responsive when using
expensive to render Svg images even on single core machines. Those lucky
enough to have multiple cores may even see an increase in performance
depending upon the usage patterns.

No doubt I'll be posting back later with questions on how best to integrate
this - *if* I can get the basics going that is ;-)

Sean