List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [Panel-devel] engines, applets and timing
From:       Petri Damsten <petri.damsten () iki ! fi>
Date:       2007-09-14 10:29:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 14 September 2007 11:50:27 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 13 September 2007, Petri Damsten wrote:
> > connectSource does not create DataContainer
>
> of course not. that's up to the engine, not the visualisation
>
> > but it gets created when
> > setData is called and that is why I have to do connectSource in
> > newSource?
>
> no, that is why your engine has to implement sourceRequested.

I try to explain this more (I'm have noticed I'm not very good in explaining
things especially when using other than my native language...)

sourceRequested is implemented and it gets called when connectSource is called
but since sourceRequest does not call setData (like in TimeEngine)
DataContainer is not created, but I guess I could just call setData with
empty value so it gets created.

Petri

--
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do
it.