List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [Panel-devel] clock size regression
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-13 5:34:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 12 September 2007, Robert Knight wrote:
> > so, does anyone feel particularly responsible for breaking the ability
> > for the analog clock to change sizes? ;)
>
> Yes.  This is related to the layout changes.  Locally I fixed it and

i've gotten to the point where i don't even care anymore. just fix it.

i do wonder about this in the patch:

+            Qt::Orientations expandingDirections() const { return 0; }

it looks wrong in a few different ways.

and if you care at all about my ability to walk with a smile through all this,
please stick to the coding style. i know playing "how many ways can we screw
the code base" is fun and all, but let's at least try and keep some things
sacred. eg:

+      if ( d->layout )
+            d->layout->addItem(applet);

is wrong on two counts.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se