List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    [Panel-devel] Crashing plasma
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2007-08-07 8:19:04

Hello!

Because it is still beta and maybe even because of me using packages provided
by opensuse rather than SVN, some applets, e.g. the picture-frame crash
plasma, i.e. when double-clicking them the background disappears and plasma
is restarted.

Since this is still beta it is nothing surprising. Yet it lead me to the
question whether the final release will also "allow" applets to crash the
whole plasma, i.e. restart the whole desktop?

Also, if one crashes plasma a few times it is  not restarted again which would
be bad for final release since users might not necessarily know how to
restart plasma manually. So is the latter a bug, or known issue and
restarting will succeed 100% in the final release?

Sven