List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [Panel-devel] engines, animators, oh my
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-10 8:11:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 10 June 2007, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sonntag, 10. Juni 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >  - to update TimeEngine every second or just every minute
>
> This brought me to thinking about what the user should do in order to save
> power on a laptop, i.e. suspend all/some plasmoids. Is there a
> general "pause"-button or does the user have to disable each plasmoid and
> re-enable them when having the laptop plugged in again?

this assumes that plasmoids draw large amounts power when the desktop is
otherwise sitting idle. if that's true, we're doing something very wrong.

in any case, there is no "pause button" at this point because there's a hell
of a lot to do before we can think about such cute features.

if anything, we can add this as a fourth sort of constraint later.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se