List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Re: [Panel-devel] Kicker on the Right of the Screen.
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2007-02-10 17:25:19

Hello all,

Le vendredi 22 septembre 2006, Sébastien Laoût a écrit :
>     See the screenshot of my kicker here:
>     http://slaout.linux62.org/kde-wishs/kicker-on-right.png
>
> [...]
>
> The future:
> ===========
>
> - The music cover is only a mockup for now. I will code it soon. I always
> play music in the background while surfing, chatting, and even working. So
> I quite never see the covers, and the stars are very hardly settable. I
> cannot see what is the staring I affected to the currently playing song,
> and change it requieres to open the Amarok window. With so much space now
> available, there is the oportunity to realise that cover-pixmap +
> clickable-stars applet. Music covers will start to be useful. And I will
> rate my music more often, more regularily.
>
> [...]

After that email, I started coding the applet that was on the above mockup.
I used it for several months.
And the last week, I made it compatible (ie. good looking, and not crashing)
with every Kicker layout in order to release it.

Several people were interested in that applet, so I post a link here:

But I also have some concerns about KDE 4:
- Will it still be possible to write Plasma widgets in C++?
- I hardly see how this applet could have been done in Javascript. It need
  special image effects, for instance. Will this be possible in Plasma
  Javascript widgets?

Best regards,
Sébastien Laoût.