List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    [Panel-devel] Is direct rendering a need ?
From:       Rafael Fernández López <info () maestroprogramador ! com>
Date:       2006-01-30 19:43:13

Hi,
	I've been a short time here, and because of studies I've no time forreading new KDE \
code. I would just make a question (that maybe wasproposed before I got into the \
list...).  Do you think direct rendering is a need for compositing tasks ? Well, Ican \
understand that it is a need for playing Quake 4 or UnrealTournament, but not for a \
Window Manager (and that goes for X, KDE, XFCEor Gnome, I don't care). Why xcompmgr \
does need direct rendering ? Ithink that any video card of nowadays can handle with \
shadows and soon... and I cannot understand why it is a need.  I know that if it is \
not implemented there is a reason behind, but I'dlike anyone to explain me why...

GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - \
http://enigmail.mozdev.org \
iD8DBQFD3mxR9RRlaicc3IERAhMNAJ9yETXUc/SFTiDpcAlJdjE/S9dtMwCfdZoFb9sUQp57VVhNz4QrBTE6qeQ==J6G2-----END \