List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    [Panel-devel] Re: KIO::Netaccess support for themes
From:       petri.damsten () iki ! fi (Petri Damsten)
Date:       2005-05-29 19:10:01

On Sunday 29 May 2005 19:41, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> this brings up the issue of security. what, if any, thought towards
> sandboxing, signing and other security issues has been made?

Although I don't think that this is any less secure than downloading theme
from kdelook and executing it manually, it would be a good point to discuss
security issues now.

Themes can be downloaded manually, trough commandline or from KNewStuff (in
the future). Themes can be also installed by rpm/ebuild/... packages (at
least gentoo has some ebuilds for superkaramba themes). All of these cases
should be kept in mind when thinking security issues.

> > > It copies the file to:
> > > ksd.localkdedir() + ksd.kde_default("data") + kapp->name() + "/themes/"
>
> is that literally what's in the source code?

Yes.

Petri