moin, my recent problem with drkonqi in kdm context pointed me to a generic problem ... while we all certainly appreciate geiseri's (and other's) hard work to make many kde apps scriptable, you'll certainly have to agree, that >99% of the users don't need it. still, this slows down application startup, especially if run outside a kde session (as it fires up kdeinit - many apps wouldn't do this normally). therefore i'd be in favour of adding a kapp command line option --dcop (or something) that would be needed to enable kapp's automatic dcop registration explicitly. KApp::disableAutoDcopRegistration() (what a name ... :}) would become pointless; instead a function forbidAutoDcopRegistration() could be added to disable the --dcop switch - dunno now useful that might be, though. there could more be places where the kdeinit launch could be made async (like, start when the app becomes idle, sync when it's actually needed (by ktrader, etc.)) or on-demand. but then, i don't know what i'm talking about, so i might be suggesting something that is impossible or has been iplemented long ago. :) greetings -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done. _______________________________________________ Kde-optimize mailing list Kde-optimize@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-optimize