Hi, http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli/download/tips.html is a nice page. Other trick: - renice X to -10 - use special kernel. What are the desktop kernel option ? Pre-emptive and I don't remember the other. Gentoo has it. - compilation tricks would be a nice addition to the page. IIRC, there is --enable-final, something with combreloc and of course, the prelinking. Optimising for your CPU might be a good idea too. Latest gcc also produces faster programs ? - fs trick: setting noatime when mounting filesystem makes it non-posix but faster. - if I upgrade only one part of my hardware, which part will make KDE faster ? More memory ? Quicker CPU ? Quicker hard disk ? quicker graphic card ? regards, Philippe ps: kde-optimise -> unknown user. I think this is an acceptable english word. Would it be possible to have an alias ? _______________________________________________ Kde-optimize mailing list Kde-optimize@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-optimize