List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Multimedia Planning for KDE3
From:       Thomas Wilczek <thomas.wilczek () stud ! fh-kempten ! de>
Date:       2001-08-25 19:03:02

> I think it is time for planning what to do for KDE3 in the multimedia
> section again. I would like to follow the usual process
>
>  * everybody who feels like implementing something for KDE3 posts a mail
>    to the kde-multimedia list describing what it is

Hi !

Well, I'm not not feeling like implementing something for KDE3 because a have
a realistic opinion of my coding skills :) It's just an idea...

How about a sound interconnection based on artsd. I'm pretty sure that arts
is flexible enough for such a project. In detail: e.g. you open several
instances of noatun and connect them to a mixer (incl. X-fader, mic
talk-over, level displays...) that has an (master) output to the sound card
and one could use this like any other PA device in "the real world". And even
including some filters like Echo, WideStereo etc. Just a complete DJ set on a
notebook...no more record cases and other heavyweight stuff :)

I would be grateful for any opinion. Thanx

Thomas

P.S.: I've forgotten the network capabilities of arts...distributed sound
sources...well...