List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Where to put new Arts::StereoEffect plugins
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-08-05 1:40:35

   Hi!

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 12:12:07PM +0100, degs wrote:
> I'm writing some Arts::StereoEffect plugins and I wondered where I should put
> them. At the moment I've put them in along with the other plugins in my copy
> of kdemultimedia/arts/modules because its easiest. Would patches to add new
> effects here be likely to be accepted (after 2.2) or should I expect to
> maintain this stuff outside of kdemultimedia?

I think it makes sense to put them into kdemultimedia (after 2.2 is out). That
way, it will be easier for users to get the effects and easier for other
developers to get access to the source. The only possible downside is that if
they are there, they are coupled to the official release plan, which means
that end users are unlikely to use them before KDE3 is released.

   Cu... Stefan