noteedit-1.13.0 is available: http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html new features: (Thanks to | Christian Fasshauer ): | | - fermata (see/hear example9.not) | Beethoven's_5th_symphony.not - trills (see/hear example9.not) | - (de-)crescendo (see/hear example9.not) | Thanks to Petr Cvikl - (almost) all dialogs are new | furthermore: | - sforzato, portato, strong pizzicato, | sforzando | Possible Problems ================= 1.) Because the syntax of trills and (de-)crescendo is relatively complicated I implemented a YACC/LEX based input. But (my) YACC produces (one line of) C++ incompatible output (also options "-fno-strict-prototype", "-traditional" or "-traditional-cpp" do not help). So I correct this be means of the "sed". I hope other YACCs/LEXs on different systems do not produce different C++ incompatibilities. Otherwise let me know! Send me the error message and the file "grammar.cc"! 2.) Noteedit playes the (de-)crescendo using a special fade in/fade out property of the soundcard. Unfortunately this feature is not supported by all soundcards. So if the replay of (de-)crescendo causes unexpected results use the "--without-fadein" option! other features: - insertion/deletion/modification of notes, rests, dotted notes/rests, tied notes, slured notes, clefs with/without shift, time signatures, key signatures, volume signatures, tempo signatures, triplets, repeat groups with/without special ending and instrument changes on different staffs; - stem up/down - zoom - building chords; - building groups of beamed notes; - playing on /dev/sequencer (if correctly configured) whereby: o giving each staff a different voice; o giving each staff a different channel; o giving each staff a different reverbation and chorus; o highlighting the played notes; o muting staffs; - lyrics - export MusiXTeX; - export PMX; - export MIDI; - import MIDI; - read from MIDI keyboard; - Application of MIDI event filters to eliminate some dirty effects (especially on human played MIDI files); - record from MIDI keyboard; - saving an restoring the files. The fileformat is similarily to the format of the music publication program (MUP). So you if you are a MUP user you have the possibility to convert the files into MIDI and Postscript. But this is no longer necessary because noteedit can export MusiXTeX, PMX and MIDI. -- J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de) -- J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de) _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia