On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 08:49:18PM -0000, a.smit@home.nl wrote: > > I think it should be much easier for people who are new to KDE, there is one good media player wich support many filetypes. I have noticed, that the media player now only supports a few filetypes. Currently MIDI is not supported, but this is one of the world's popular filetypes for websites and other. If you implement more filetypes, it should be more user friendly than switching around through all applications. Another handy filetype/system is audio-cd's. Many people expect from a media player they can also play audio-cd's. I have not called all filetypes by name, but there are certainly more wich are not supported and simply have to be supported. > > You are right, that there is no decoder for MIDI. But there are decoders for the following formats: -wav -au -mpeg audio layer I,II, II.5 ,III -mpeg 1 video -mpeg 2 video (vob,dvd) -ac3 -ogg/vorbis -Video CD (+SVCD) -audio CD (cdda) -divx (over wine loader) Some of them already work fine, others need support. (eg: vob,ac3) Others are not supported by noatun (VCD,SVCD,cdda) or http streaming. So if you like to have more codecs: - write an PlayObject of you own (MJPEG,LPCM, or MIDI) - make an already working PlayObject better. - add support to noatun for the unsupported, but present, PlayObjects. > I hope you realize i'm right and do something about it. Or you can complain that someone else does this job, which is not very helpful. regards, Martin _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia