List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Potential license hassle in Noatun Winskin
From:       Jay Oliveri <ilnero () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-08 18:16:06

On Saturday 07 July 2001 03:57 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> To my surprise, winskin.cpp is under the Artistic license,
> copyrighted by Charles Samuels and by me.  Much of the rest of
> Winskin is GPL.  Is this a license hassle waiting to happen?  The FSF
> claims the GPL and Artistic licenses are incompatible.

Not quite.  The original BSD Artistic License is incompatible, however
version 2 of the same license *is* a free software license, compatible
with the GPL.

It is not listed on their site, however the explanation is here:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#ArtisticLicense

--
Jay Oliveri                                  "In the land of the blind,
                                              the one-eyed man is king."