List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: MP3.Com
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-06-25 4:13:17

On Sunday 24 June 2001 07:57 pm, Jeff Brubaker wrote:
>   Hi,
>    I've been looking at the way mp3.com works for playing mp3's. It
> looks like they produce m3u playlists dynamically. The playlists links
> to mp3 files that are stored on a web server.
>
>    NoAtun seems like it could be easily enhanced to support sites like
> mp3.com. The problems currently seem to be that noatun is not associated
> with m3u files in konqueror. When I do open the m3u files in NoAtun, it
> displays the songs in the playlists, but will not play them.

OK, here's the problem.  Noatun isn't associated with m3u files because
Noatun takes a list of media files on the command line, not a list of
playlists.

I think that for KDE 2.3, it'd not be a bad idea to just add an -importm3u
command line to Noatun, then associate m3u files with `noatun -importm3u
%u`.

We're in a feature freeze, though, so it can't go in for 2.2.

As a workaround, you can drag an m3u file into the playlist window.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.