List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Embedding of Kmix!!!
From:       Marc Siegel <mlsiegel () static-243 ! marcy ! brown ! edu>
Date:       2001-06-14 3:33:02

Hi folks -

Here's a thought -  Please, during the rewrite of kmix, make it's
functionality embeddable, maybe even get the main kmix widget into the kde
libraries, and make that widget's appearance and size more configurable than
it is currently. This will solve the problem of developers trying to write
their own volume knobs all the time, which is wasteful and prone to errors.

In fact, for situations when kmix's widget is not visually configurable
enough, you might let people connect their own sliders and knobs to slots on
the kmix widget. No one should assume anything about which mixer channels are
present, the widget could offer discovery services, or at least return a
QVector of channel objects or something.

What do you think? Keeps people like me from screwing with our own mixing,
and it will let applications work across any situation kmix works in.

-Marc