List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: mpeglib: SDL support
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-06-11 3:26:26

On Sunday 10 June 2001 07:45 pm, Charles Samuels wrote:
> On Sunday 10 June 2001 07:41 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 June 2001 10:16 am, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > > 90% of our users, at least, will be using binaries, and 90% of the
> > > binaries will be compiled for Xvideo.  This means that those that
> > > use Xvideo binaries, but don't have Xvideo support (particularly,
> > > they don't use a XF4 supported card, which are many, so their distro
> > > installs XF3 instead, like Linux Mandrake), which means that mpeglib
> > > won't be able to play mpeg, which means that I'll get a lot of bug
> > > reports ;)
> >
> > So let me get this straight, Charles.  You expect Martin to fix
> > packaging bugs?
>
> Are you completely ignorant?

As some comic book character would say, Flame On!

I must be, becuase I don't expect you to be quite so hypocritical.  You're
whining about mpeglib not working on your system, and on the systems of
others with broken hardware/drivers, because the person who compiled it
(either YOU or the packager) compiled it incorrectly for it to work on
your system.

What do you expect him to do about it?  Remove xvideo, to coddle the
people who make lousy packages?

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com