List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: mpeglib: SDL support
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2001-06-10 17:09:22

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 09:20:54AM -0700, Charles Samuels wrote:

> Xvideo is all messed up here :)

XV works. But not on 3dfx cards and XFree 4.0.3.
It works on 4.1 with 16 bith depth.

>  So compiling kdemultimedia with SDL support,

mpeglib supports SDL.
The last time it was tested & worked was on window NT.

> I notice that it hardly works at all, even the thread stuff is totally busted.
>
> In fact, consider using pthreads always, trying to use Xvideo, and if that
> fails, use SDL.

SDL uses pthreads as threads on Unix. So it should work.
But you obviously cannot work around the XV bug even
when using SDL, because SDL uses this as primary target,
which will fail on 3dfx.

Martin