List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Recording PCM audio with aRts
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-07 18:07:54

I'd like to write a quick-and-simple audio recorder which uses aRts.

Having looked through the available documentation on arts-project.org,
I don't really have a clue about how to proceed.

Is there more documentation, or can someone give me a quick overview
of how I would go about selecting, opening, reading and closing an
input device ?

Thanks,
Rik