List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    libmpeg3 module
From:       Jeroen Jacobs <jeroen.jacobs () advalvas ! be>
Date:       2001-05-30 16:58:56

Hi,

I'm working on a libmpeg3 module for aRts. It only builds as a static library
which causes the following problem :

This is what libtool tells me :

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by
-l/home/jeroen/libmpeg3-1.3/i586/libmpeg3.a.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libartsmpeg3.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

I'm open to suggestions...

Jeroen Jacobs