List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    noatun & nas subsystem: trouble with short (wav) files
From:       Achim Bohnet <ach () mpe ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2001-04-23 18:02:05

Hi,

First big thank you for supporting NAS.  KDE 2.2 will make a dozen
users happier here :)

When using the new NAS audio subsys,  noatun does not play any short (wav) files.
E.g. the KDE_Beep*.wav files. Longer ones like KDE_Startup.wav are okay (not
sure if a bit is cut off at the end).  kaboodle, artsplay and 'Test' in ktalk
conf module have no problems when artsd uses the NAS server (of a NCD X-terminal).

For me it looks like noatun thinks the sound finshed before the NAS server has
a change to play it completely, e.g.,  've a sound file (3 sec long) were only
the first ~ 0.5 sec are played.  artsplay and kaboodle plays this file completely.

Achim
                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com