List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: gstreamer instead of mpeglib
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-31 23:08:00

Wouldn't using mpg123 and smpeg be much wiser than selling out to the
unethical stupid gstreamer/GNU/GLIB/GTK/GNOME æßwiips?

-Charles...?

On Saturday 31 March 2001 06:56 am, Martin Vogt wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Here is the GStreamer manual:
>
> http://gstreamer.net/docs/manual/gstreamer-manual/
>
> GStreamer seems to have a nice design and it supports
> much more formats, even encoding!
> Anyone interested in writing GStreamer/Arts
> PlayObject plugins?
>
> I don't say that we should rm -rf mpeglib now, but
> in the future (KDE 3.0?) GStreamer will be the
> better option.
>
> Anyone interested working on this?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin

Charles Samuels <charles@kde.org>
K Desktop Environment
"The people. Could you patent the sun?"
 -- Jonas E. Salk, when asked who owned the patent on his polio vaccine.