List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: aRts - mikmod
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-03-23 12:59:21

   Hi!

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 08:26:13AM -0800, Neil Stevens wrote:
> OK, since I'm writing the tutorial example, I want to be sure I have
> this right.
>
> I have a liblibrary, which contains Namespace::Player.  I will install:
>
> libdir/mcop/library.mcopclass - generated from foo.idl
> libdir/mcop/library.mcoptype  - generated from foo.idl
> libdir/mcop/Namespace/Player.mcopclass - with my data in it
>
> Do I understand correctly?

Usually, you'll call your library according to the IDL file, so usually,
you have a libfoo, which contains Namespace::Player.  You will install:

libdir/mcop/foo.mcopclass - generated from foo.idl
libdir/mcop/foo.mcoptype  - generated from foo.idl
libdir/mcop/Namespace/Player.mcopclass - with my data in it

In any case, there is no need to change the name of the generated file, so
if you have foo.idl, you will install it as libdir/mcop/foo.*, regardless
whether your library is called liblibrary or libfoo_idl or libbar.

   Cu... Stefan