List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: aRts - mikmod
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-03-18 19:02:08

   Hi!

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 11:02:38AM -0800, Charles Samuels wrote:
> On Saturday 17 March 2001 05:13 am, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 10:46:13PM -0800, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > > I've just released an aRts plugin to play trackers files with arts (&
> > > noatun):
> > >
> > > http://noatun.kde.org/plugins/arts_mikmod/
> > >
> > > It can't seek, but that has libmikmod to blame, otherwise, it works, and
> > > sets a good example for other plugins to be based on.
> >
> > Very good. Just a few remarks (as if this is the reference, it should
> > better be as correct as possible):
> No, Neil will be writing that one ;)
> Particularly the mcopclass.  It just didn't generate it properly.

I don't think so. There are just two different kinds of files which have
the .mcopclass extension (as I tried to explain it in my previous mail). If
you do

mcopidl -t foo.idl

you get foo.cc, foo.h, foo.mcoptype, foo.mcopclass. Don't edit any of them.
Just compile/install them as they are.

For making informations about author, library, component capabilities and
similar available, you need to create a seperate file per interface (as
described in http://www.arts-project.org/doc/mcop-doc/trading.html).

   Cu... Stefan