Charles Samuels writes: > > - same speed (djbfft claims to be faster, though the fftw people > > are working on importing the needed loc to gain the last missing > > percent) > The thing I'm really worrying about on the fftw is how it has to "learn". > How long does this take? They say several seconds. That's too long. Not noticeable. I don't know why and where they say so. In fftw, you got three options when you "create a plan" (prepare an fft): - let fftw measure the speed of different algorithms to use the fastest for this specific application/use/size of data and so on (this takes "some time", but not in the magnitude of seconds!) - let fftw guess the fastest method (takes virtually no time, but might not choose the fastest method - should be the fastest option if you only want to do _one_ fft) - use "wisdom" ;-), that is - load the above information/plan from a file combines both advantages but needs more programming -- Ciao, / / /--/ / / ANS .,* Hamburg, Germany *,. _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia