List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Some new Sounds for KDE, better Quality
From:       "Manuel F." <projectgroove () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-02-26 17:33:05

Hans Meine schrieb:

> Hi Manuel,
>
> thanks for doing some sounds, I think this is/was badly needed. What would
> be even better IMHO (and MUCH harder to create) are less synthetic sounds -
> recordings of real nice drum sounds and so on.

I guess you need sounds of acoustic drumsets? That would be no problem. I have
whole GM-Sets of acoustic drumsounds (all single) i could send.

> "Manuel F." <projectgroove@gmx.net> writes:
> > Please tell me (and others) what sounds else to do. In which situations
> > should a certain sound appear and what kind of sound?
>
> I think one could use some kind of "plonk", "pling", "bang" kind of sounds
> for different types of messageboxes. Also I think it would be nice to make
> more simple apps knotify-aware; this is really not hard to do (if you got
> ideas, I might have a look and put some loc in your fav app).

Are the sounds I uploaded to my webspace the wrong ones? Are they too
synthetical?

> I did so
> with ksame some days ago; now it could make use of some kind of
> "cheering crowd", "oooh" or "aaaah" sounds for winning/loosing. Or maybe
> another sound for removing balls - just have a look

> (If you create sounds for ksame I think we could ship them with it and
> activate them by default.)

Yep, ksame is nice. I will create a set of sounds and hopefully it will be the
right ones then.

Lots of greets, Manuel F.