List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: KDE's new voice? :)
From:       Marc Girard <zapper () oxygene ! dynip ! com>
Date:       2001-02-19 5:08:06

Hello Carsten,

The idea of "generic" sound effects sounds good to me.  Sounds that we
could re-use through KDE's interface.  I'll look onto that.  I'll start
fooling around with some GUI effects at first.  Some kind of nice Stereo
Welcome sound would be nice I guess.  (I know that there's already one in
place, but I guess there's room for improvement).  We could make a good
"Logoff" sound as well.  Same applies for Close/Maximize/Minimize/etc...

Yes, I know about CVS, I'm fetching KICQ2's source almost everyday via
CVS.  I guess I could "check in" the various sounds I made without too
much problems :)

As the sound format, I guess 44khz/16bit is viable if we keep the sounds
short.  22khz is OK if we use low frequency type of sounds.

Anyway, I'll fidle around some ideas, I'll make them available on my FTP
site for now, we'll see how it goes.

Marc Girard