List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Video streaming
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-01-03 14:03:36

   Hi!

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 01:46:23PM -0600, Eugene Kuznetsov wrote:
> Friday, December 29, 2000, 7:52:36 AM, you wrote:
>
> I know that I don't need mpeglib to implement Arts::PlayObject (already
> done it in my project), but I don't like the idea of having two
> incompatible video & audio renderers, audio/video syncers, etc.
> For sure this would require much work, you'll need to define all
> necessary interfaces, apply heavy changes to mpeglib, but I think that
> it's worth it.

The vision of standarizing and unifying decoders, renderers, synchronization
and all the other stuff in future aRts versions is definitely good. A vision
is nice, but a working implementation, which is even better, is the thing
that requires somebody doing it.

So if you want to, go ahead and start working on the code! ;)

   Cu... Stefan