List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Vorbis in KDE 2.1 ?
From:       Neil Stevens <multivac () fcmail ! com>
Date:       2000-12-03 0:54:23

On Saturday 02 December 2000 04:56 am, Martin Vogt wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to put the vorbis plugins (not the lib)
> into mpeglib, so that vorbis is supported if
> we find during configure the vorbis headers & libs.
>
> This adds 10 KB more code (and one class) to mpeglib
> not too much I think.
>
> Of course this adds the danger to have compile
> errors if the vorbis API changes, but it was stable
> over the last months, so I think we should put it in.
>
> What do you think?

Just put in a warning in documentation and web pages that it's awfully
slow unless you have glibc 2.1.3 or later.  I only now noticed the warning
in configure, updated to 2.1.3, and vorbis is twice as fast.

--
Neil Stevens
multivac@fcmail.com

keyserver search.keyserver.net
Fingerprint 86EA ECD4 F258 FB1B D88F 9136 4F49 90F8 CD3E 5C1C