On fredag 01 desember 2000, 03:14 am, Neil Stevens wrote: > On Thursday 30 November 2000 07:55 pm, Charles Samuels wrote: > > KDE 2.1 is approaching, and with it Noatun may (I say "may" because I > > havn't heard anything official) > > > > I'm blatantly stealing some of Neil and Antonio's comments (less > > talking, more coding :) > > > > Left to be done for a KDE2.1 release > > > > 1) support kaiman skins in noatun > > 2) Session Management in the UI plugins > > 3) Starting artsd when unavailable on startup, and restarting artsd i= f > > it should disappear while Noatun is running (maybe even during > > playback). Or, at least an informative error message, instead of a > > crash, when problems occur. > > The freeze is on Monday, right? I'd say that if items 1 and 3 can be d= one > this weekend, Noatun would be ready for kdemultimedia. Already? wow! > > This weekend I can hack in some Session Management for 2.1, with the > caveat that it will probably need to be re-thought for 2.2. All that i= s > really needed, in my view, is Noatun to manage some cooperation with th= e > session manager, and re-start when saved in a session. The playlist's > save state should make things good enough for 2.1. I just insist that the user interfaces shouldn't be changed for this > > > KDE2.2 features: > > 1) configuration of the effects > > 2) konqueror kpart UI (the next thing people will expect on a > > double-click) > > 3) User selection of Arts::PlayObject when more than one > > supports a given file (for when an SMPEG PlayObject is written, for > > example) > > I buy that these can wait for 2.2, as our benchmark for Noatun's readin= ess > should be the state of Kaiman in 2.0, and unless I'm mistaken, Kaiman > doesn't do any of these things either. > > Honestly, what's going to be more important to people is improved > performance in the artsd and mpeglib side of things. Well, that and > Winamp skins, if I judge the audience correctly. > > > About the configuration of effects: ugh :) I'll procrastinate it as > > much as possible. > > Well, while mime-types seem broken right now, effects no longer crash f= or mime is broken? Other than mpeglib having the wrong mime-types, noatun d= oes=20 it's own stuff right. > me! Loading 3 copies Extra Stereo is a strange experience. I just hav= e Fun isn't it? :) I added an "Voice Removal" one which will remove everyt= hing=20 _but_ the voice in certain songs :) > to add a Close and Help button to the bottom of the Effects View, and > temporarily hide the ? buttons, and I'd say that effects are ready for = a > release. I used whatsthis a lot in that dialog, and no documentation is availible = for=20 noatun as of now anyway. I think most of the arrow buttons don't work don't work in that window ye= t. -Charles _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia