List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    State of the Noatun
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-01 3:55:04

KDE 2.1 is approaching, and with it Noatun may (I say "may" because I havn't
heard anything official)

I'm blatantly stealing some of Neil and Antonio's comments (less talking,
more coding :)

Left to be done for a KDE2.1 release

1) support kaiman skins in noatun
2) Session Management in the UI plugins
3) Starting artsd when unavailable on startup, and restarting artsd if it
should disappear while Noatun is running (maybe even during playback).
Or, at least an informative error message, instead of a crash, when
problems occur.

KDE2.2 features:
1) configuration of the effects
2) konqueror kpart UI (the next thing people will expect on a double-click)
3) User selection of Arts::PlayObject when more than one supports a given
file (for when an SMPEG PlayObject is written, for example)

For Kaiman skins, someone will have to volunteer, in addition to fixing
kjofol skins which has a slow startup time, and a few missing features.

About the configuration of effects: ugh :)  I'll procrastinate it as much as
possible.