List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: noatun and KDE 2.1
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-11-25 19:05:44

On Saturday 25 November 2000 19:21, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Saturday 25 November 2000 10:10 am, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> > > * konqueror kpart UI (the next thing people will expect on a
> > > double-click)
> >
> > optional
>
> If noatun is to become the KDE Media player, I think it needs to fit into
> the KDE framework appropriately.  Konqueror is the crown jewel of KDE
> right now, and I think that the Media player's integeration with that is
> *not* optional.

any improvement compared with kaiman is worth to be integrated into KDE 2.1.
So why should we wait until Noatun has all of our dream features if it is
already better than the current media player?

> It might be better to release Noatun with KDE 2.2, or to make a release
> sometime after 2.1.  Microsoft was never hesitant about upgrading its
> media player between environment releases.. we shouldn't be, either.

I completely agree with the last statement. But exactly this speaks _for_ the
integration of noatun into KDE 2.1, doesn't it? we can add your missing
features with a post-2.1 release.

Schimmi

--
#! /bin/sh
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \