List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: aRts and SDL
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-10-30 19:18:34

   Hi!

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 09:08:52AM -0700, Neil Stevens wrote:
> Since SDL apps don't work properly with artsdsp...
>
> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
>
> (yes, it repeats)
>
> ... I figure it's probably a smart idea to add arts support to SDL, and
> send a patch to the SDL guys.  Is anyone already working on that?  If not,
> I want to get around to that.

Yes, I think it would actually be a good idea. You can make life more easier
for users, if the software they install already knows well how to cooperate
with aRts. I don't know anybody working on it.

I have seen SDL apps (like smpeg) working with artsdsp, though. The warnings
are probably a completely independant problem, as they are caused by the fact
that both, MCOP and the application are trying to use SIG_PIPE for their
purposes. This will remain even when you are using artsc directly.

   Cu... Stefan