Hi! On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 06:45:30PM +0200, Martin Vogt wrote: > Hi, > > this patch removes some debug information. Good idea - probably people would otherwise ask why their .xsession-errors is growing steadily while using kaiman. Which reminds me of the NDEBUG define. If you compile KDE with --disable-debug, no app should print any debugging output, or do any debugging checks (like assert). So probably mpeglib and aRts should react on this, too. What you should do is either enclose all remaining debugging statements in #ifndef NDEBUG ... #endif or make a special debugging facility like artsdebug or kdDebug, which does nothing if NDEBUG is defined. I think it is sufficient if it is in the final KDE2.0 release. I'll also make artsdebug react on this define and move everything that is debugging but not artsdebug based to this, so that artsd shall be quiet in the final release. Cu... Stefan -- -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan@space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany KDE Developer, project infos at http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde *- _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia