List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: interrupted mp3 playing
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-08-29 17:23:17

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 07:07:25PM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> Am Tue, 29 Aug 2000 schrieb Martin Vogt:
> > On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 06:33:48PM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > are there any plans to improve the noiseless playing of mp3? Moving
> > > windows and other tasks let the music interrupt for some milli seconds.
> > > This feels quite disturbing. I know there was a discussion about this
> > > some weeks ago. But now, as the KDE2 release comes nearer....
> >
> > There is no workaround. I had the same problem.
> > But when I switched to 2.4-test6 the problem was gone.
> > Maybe if we remove the non block behaviour in artsd
> > can fix it for 2.2 kernel, But I have not tested it.
>
> I use 2.4 and have that problem :(

Hm, strange.
I had the problem some time ago with noatun. Then it was gone.
I thought it was the update to Xfree 4.01.
Then I had the problem with kaiman and switched to 2.4 and
it was gone.
strange.
You can test in arts/flow audiosubsys.cc and comment out
the NDELAY and a bit below make sure you alwayw write the
whole buffer in the device

can_write=buffer.size;
or similiar.
Maybe it helps you.If yes we should include this patch.

Martin