List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: interrupted mp3 playing
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-08-29 16:49:45

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 06:33:48PM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any plans to improve the noiseless playing of mp3? Moving windows
> and other tasks let the music interrupt for some milli seconds. This feels
> quite disturbing. I know there was a discussion about this some weeks ago.
> But now, as the KDE2 release comes nearer....

There is no workaround. I had the same problem.
But when I switched to 2.4-test6 the problem was gone.

Maybe if we remove the non block behaviour in artsd
can fix it for 2.2 kernel, But I have not tested it.

Btw: xmms does not have the Problem, but I dont know
     why. The only difference is the blocking /dev/dsp

Martin