List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: error handling with MCOP objects
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-08-29 12:02:52

   Hi!

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:39:27PM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> I'm working on kaiman at the moment to get it more stable. Antonios's patches
> improved it already, but it still crashs sometimes if the artsd process stops
> working.
> How do I have to handle those situations? If the MCOP connection breaks, will
> mcopptr.isNull() be true? Do I have to call error() for this?

MCOP connection breaks will not change foo.isNull() - if it was a null
reference before the connection break, it will be a null reference after
connection break.

I've just added a document about using references and the error handling
stuff trying to explain these more detailed.

Its in kdelibs/arts/doc/using-references.html.

   Cu... Stefan