List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    startup of artsd
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-08-28 11:09:40

Hi,

at the moment artsd isn't started automatically at startup on my system. I
found out that this is caused by kdeinit_wrapper that isn't able to connect
to kdeinit. I don't know whether this is intended to be like that, but why
does arts use kdeinit_wrapper at all? It doesn't use kde libs or Qt
internally, so the speed improvement isn't there at all. Would a simple
system not be enough?

bye
  Schimmi