List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Patch for Kaiman
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-08-26 15:52:59

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 02:38:32AM +0200, Antonio Larrosa wrote:
> Martin Vogt wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 06:34:34PM +0200, Antonio Larrosa wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > But we have the same problem with vorbis/ogg.
> > I still think that we need a new kde-multimedia-support package.
> > (should include mpeglib,some cd-player software,mod-libraies,..)
> >

> What's wrong with having mpeglib in kdemultimedia ? If everyone who
> is interested in multimedia will install both packages, then there's
> no need for two packages.

It "feels" cleaner.

example:

Why kde-support is not in kde libs, you need it anyway.
And kdelibs should be in kdebase, because everyone who is interested
in kde must install them as well.

and so on.

kde-multimedia-support would be the right place for all multimedia
related libraries.
cdparanoia,vorbis,mikmod,mpeglib

they all do not depend on KDE/QT etc..

Martin