List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Patch for Kaiman
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-08-25 11:23:21

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 06:34:34PM +0200, Antonio Larrosa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that aRts crashes some times when playing "corrupted"(?)
> files and this makes Kaiman crash too.

Do you have files which crashes mpeglib?
Is this reproducable, if yes, how?
With the latest div by zero patch mpeglib is pretty stable.

> Btw, Martin Vogt has made an excellent plugin for avi/divx support in
> aRts (available from mpeglib.sourceforge.net ), and it works quite well
> (I've already played complete movies with it :) ). As it's too late for
> it to be included into kdemultimedia, I'd like to know if there's any
> way that we can make it more available to users. Should we leave this
> task to the distributions (I don't think so) ? Any idea ?

I think we cannot include it, and it cannot be included in any
distribution, because it still needs the windows dll for decoding.
(Well, we can include it but without the dll, but its too late
for including it now)

But we have the same problem with vorbis/ogg.
I still think that we need a new kde-multimedia-support package.
(should include mpeglib,some cd-player software,mod-libraies,..)

Martin