List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: mimtypes
From:       Charles <charles () altair ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2000-07-23 16:38:33

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 07:31:00PM +0200, Antonio Larrosa wrote:
> > Martin Vogt escribió:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > Hello,
> >
> > > shouldn`t we change the mimetype for mpeg video from
> > > aktion to noatun?
> > >

> > No, I don't think so, noatun is not working here
> > (can't play mpg videos,mp3 nor wav files), and
> > it's better to have a working application assigned
> > by default.
> >
> well, aktion does not play mpeg either.
> (No audio, only I frames and even they are buggy)
>

> > kaiman, otoh is playing mp3 files correctly, so I don't
> > see why mp3 should be assigned to kaiman.
> >
> Do you really think it can compete with xmms?
>
> > But anyway, this will be decided when we are nearer
> > to the final release.
> >
> We should change mpeg video to kaiman or noatun.

Here's what I'm planning, although I'm aware it won't happen in time for KDE2:

Noatun already can load playlist and UI modules, what I plan on doing is
porting Kaiman so that it becomes a UI module, users can change the UI at run
time, the Playlist and all other resources are availible to each, yet it looks
different.

In other news, I have some very different uncommited code of noatun.

Can you possibly fix lib_kmpg_vorbis in the vorbis cvs so that it compiles and
installs properly?  It is now very much not doing so.

> Martin

Charles - charles@kde.org
"Flotte sko, vil du knulle?"