List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Remote type checking working now
From:       Nicolas Brodu <nicolas.brodu () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-05-25 16:13:17

And so is remote dynamic casting.

For Stefan: As you suggested I created another Object method. _isCompatibleWith
can be called on a remote object to check if it is compatible with a given
interface.
This call is integrated in _fromReference, so we now have safe _fromString and
_fromReference operations.
Dynamic casting works fine, since I use the fromString(toString) version of it.

For the list: This means you can really use constructs like
Object o = Reference("A MCOP reference");
MyClass m = DynamicCast(o);
and m.isNull() will be true if the conversion wasn't possible. Before, it worked
only for local objects.

I put it on http://nicolas.brodu.free.fr/arts.tar.bz2, so you can cross-check
it.

Cheers,
Nicolas
--
A shortcut is the longest distance between two points. (unknown author)